Join the Team!
We are currently hiring for a Coordinator.
Context and Background
The Centre applies the discipline of private equity investing to select, support and scale charities with quantifiable social impact. Created as a response to a fragmented charitable landscape, we team high-potential charities with private sector expertise to create measurable and sustainable benefits to society. Alongside our board, advisors and sector partners—The Boston Consulting Group, McCarthy Tétrault, Perennial, EY, The Offord Group and Hill+Knowlton— we deliver transformative hands-on support to scale impact across Canada.
The Centre works deeply with few charities, selecting only 1-2 per year and supporting their growth across an average of 5 years, and partners to accelerate growth (ie. Google Impact Challenge) of earlier stage, high impact opportunities.
Coordinator (Full time)
The Centre is a small and nimble team. We work closely with our private sector and charitable partners to achieve our impact objectives. A significant amount of coordination is required to execute effectively – a “jack of all trades” will excel in this role.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting the Centre’s activities. The role reports to the Managing Director. Activities include:
- Administrative tasks; including meeting coordination, meeting minutes, filing etc.
- Support the Managing Director on creation of Centre outputs – from collateral to board documents
- Research support – from white papers to diligence needs
- Support team members as needed in executing their mandates
- Work closely with Managing Director and other team members
- Verbal and written fluency in English; ability to communicate in French is highly desirable
- Highly organized
- Bookkeeping skills a plus
- Strong analytical skills; attention to detail
- Ability to produce high-quality written materials, including PowerPoint presentations as well as text documents
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to interact with senior leaders and a wide range of stakeholders with credibility and tact
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to perform in a multifunctional team setting
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce and Teamwork a plus
- Committed to the non-profit sector and motivated by Centre’s model to scale social impact
- Motivated in an environment that encourages continuous learning
- “Role up your sleeves” attitude
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 3rd 2017.